The traveler should assume that any item not specifically addressed in University Policy 1202 is not accepted as a University travel expense. Below are some examples of items that are non-reimbursable:
- Airline club/lounge (one-time access pass or annual membership). Refer to Financial Policy 1209 for additional information regarding membership fees.
- Babysitter fees
- Cell phones—Reimbursement of monthly service plans, stipends, and equipment purchases though GEMS/Concur
- Clothing rental (tuxedo, evening attire, etc.)
- Domestic car rental collision and damage waiver (CDW) insurance
- Health club fees
- In-fight movies
- “Mileage Multiplier” programs (purchase additional miles per flight)
- Pay TV and video rentals
- Personal injury (PI) insurance coverages. Refer to Insurance for Business Travel.
- Personal items