1. The University will pay for work-related car rental services up to an economy rental car.
2. Frequent Flyer Programs
• The University allows travelers to accrue their own frequent flyer mileage for trips taken on University business.
• The University does not pay for rentals or upgrades purchased with personal credits and/or rewards (points or miles).
3. Collision Damage Waiver Insurance
• Domestic—The University provides blanket coverage for collision, damage waiver, and liability insurance for domestic rental cars. Refer to Insurance for Business Travel for a full explanation of benefits.
• Renters should not purchase collision damage waiver insurance for domestic rentals.
• International—The University does not provide blanket coverage for collision, damage waiver. and liability insurance for international rental cars.
• Renters can purchase collision damage waiver insurance for international rentals.
4. Travelers can make arrangements for work-related car rentals through the UChicago Preferred Travel Agency (Fox World Travel) or by visiting the University of Chicago’s custom webpage for booking business or personal car rentals with Enterprise/National.